RINJANI TREKKING CLUB
DECISION REGENT WEST LOMBOK License Number : 210 Years 2001
Company name: CV. Rinjani Club Tour & Travel Service
Tour Travel Agents Name: Rinjani Trekking Club
Registered CERTIFICATE License Number : PEM - 423 / WPJ.31 / KP. 0103 / 2001
THE RINJANI TREK
Mt Rinjani, located in Lombok island, Indonesia, is the second highest
mountain in Indonesia (at 3726 meters height). It is a volcano, with huge crater
lake and smaller active volcano inside it. The trekking tour usually consists of
viewing the crater's rim, lake, hot spring, cave and summit. Depending on how
many days you have for the tour, you could spend the night on the rims (there
are two rims: Senaru Rim (Rim I) and Sembalun Rim (Rim II) or at the lake.
Actually, There are many routes up the mountain, but the main access is from
Senaru in the north and Sembalun Lawang to the east. The challenging three-day
Rinjani Trek route from Senaru to the crater rim (Plawangan), down to the
stunning Lake then on to Sembalun Lawang, is considered one of the best treks in
South East Asia or the 3-day Rinjani Trek that includes the climb to the summit
and usually begins in Sembalun Lawang.
Mt Rinjani is quite a tough mountain and needs extra level of fitness to pass
all of the treks. Safety measurements are minimum. Trekking path are steep,
sometimes slippery or become like small rivers if rain falls uphill. Most
serious injuries are caused by falling from the cliff and hypothermia. Most tour
operators are very cautious about the guests' fitness (since it'll affect their
reputation badly), and offer detours or a shorter trek if you could not manage
to finish your full treks.
Rinjani Trek Ecotourism Program has received the following International and
The World Legacy Award sponsored by International Conservation and National
Geographic Traveler, June 2004 The Award for Innovative Ecotourism from the
Ministry of Tourism, September 2004
A finalist in the Tourism for Tomorrow Destination Awards, April 2005
Summary of the treks:
- Sembalun Lawang - Pos 2 Tengengean: Mostly is savanna, with mild rising trek
- Pos 2 Tengengean - Pada Balong: Steep climb with soil trek, forest area
- Pada Balong - Plawangan 2: At the back of the mountain, with cliffs on left
and right side, sandy trek
- Plawangan 2 - Summit: 45 degrees or more of sandy trek with cliffs on left and
- Plawangan 2 - Lake camp area: Steep climb with huge rocks trek (1-2 meters
- Lake camp area - Plawangan 1: Steep climb with huge rocks trek (1-2 meters
- Plawangan 1 - Pos 3 Mondokan Lolak: Steep climb with loose sandy trek
(slippery when wet)
- Pos 3 Mondokan Lolak - Pos 2 Montong Satas: Forest area, soil / mud track,
with mild rising trek
What to Bring:
- Enough clothes for the trekking. Make sure you wear dry clothes. Wrap in water
proof container (flash rain, mist, and river crossing may wet your clothes).
Don't bring too much because there's no place to bathe and it's heavy. Leave
your bathe packs behind.
- Tissue. To go to toilet
- Jogging pants preferably water proof, to keep your feet warm.
- Extra socks.
- Wind breaker, preferably water proof. Weather is cold, but heavy wind makes it
worse. Thick jacket makes you sweat a lot
during hiking and heavy.
- Rain coat
- Flash light. It's a must. The summit trek starts at 2AM, with lights only from
your flash light.
- Optional hiking shoes, unless your sport shoe can handle a lot of sand. For a
multi-day trek strong boots are highly
- Optional - Bird book and binoculars, though on most treks the itinerary leaves
time only for opportunistic bird watching. Best areas for bird watching are
around the crater lake and in the jungle on the Senaru side. If you want to do
serious bird watching it is preferable to arrange a trek for that specific
purpose, off the main trek routes (which are very busy at high season) and with
a guide who knows the best places to go.
MOUNT RINJANI TREKKING PACKAGES
RTP 01: RINJANI TREKKING PACKAGE 3D/2N
First day,... 7 hrs walk up to rim I (senaru Rim 2.641m asl), sleep one night in the tent then second day after enjoy the
sunrise and breakfast we descent to Senaru Village ........Itinerary
RTP 02: RINJANI TREKKING PACKAGE 4D/3N
3 days cross the mountain and sleep 2 night in the tent.
we start the trek from semablun lawang (1.150m asl) and finish in senaru village ......Itinerary
RTP 06: SINGAPOREAN TREKKING PACKAGES
This is combination Packages, include sightseeing tours, soft to hard adventure and beach holiday, combination of city - adventure - beach
holiday, culture tour, climbing highest Mountain in Lombok " Mount Rinjani National Park "........Itinerary